Most of us are always up for the highest – to be first. We always like to be number one. We want to be on top always. We don’t want to settle for the number two spot. In life, we tend to know and learn more also about number ones, the largest, the biggest, the longest, the smallest, and others.
We don’t feel good being number two. A vice-president, for instance, has to wait for the president to die or be incapacitated so that he can take his place. On the other hand, people who are on the second spot or number two are a bit lucky, at least, they have a chance to be number one.
This is a challenge for everybody. Let’s find out how many number twos do you know. Don’t worry, I have provided some hints so that it will be easier for you to recall.
1. Nile River is the longest river, what is the second longest?
___________This river is 3,912 km. long and is located in South America.
2. Mt. Everest is the highest peak on Earth, what’s the second highest?
___________ This peak is also called Mt. Godwin Austen and located in the borders of Pakistan and China.
3. Mt. Mauna Loa in Hawaii is regarded as the largest active volcano, what’s the second largest?
___________ This volcano is located in Sicily, Italy and is also considered the highest active volcano in the world.
4. The largest island country in the world is Indonesia, what’s the second?
___________ This island country is located east of Africa.
5. The smallest island country in the world is Nauru, what’s the second?
___________ This island country, like Nauru is located in the Pacific.
6. The largest ocean in the world is the Pacific Ocean, what’s the second?
___________ This ocean has a total area of 76.762 Million sq.km.
7. South China Sea, an arm of the Pacific, is the largest sea in the world, what’s the second?
___________ This sea is located in Central America, it is an arm of the Atlantic.
8. At present, the tallest building is the Burj Khalifa in UAE, what’s the second?
____________ This impressive structure is located in Taiwan.
9. The least populated country is Vatican City with more or less 1000 population, what’s the second?
____________ This island country is located in the Pacific. It is also the second smallest island country.
10. China is undeniably the most populous country in the world, what is the second?
____________ This country is home to the third largest religion in the world-Hinduism.
11. The largest lake in the world is the Caspian Sea, though it was named a sea, it is a lake because it is landlocked. What’s the second largest lake?
____________ This lake is located in the borders of Canada and the US.
12. The largest island in the world is Greenland, what’s the second?
____________ This island is located in the southwestern Pacific region.
13. In terms of area, Vatican City is the smallest state, what’s the second?
____________ This country is located in Western Europe, bordering the Mediterranean Sea on the southern coast of France, near the border with Italy.
14. Tokyo, Japan is the largest city in the world in terms of population, what is number two?
_____________ This city is located in the USA.
15. The largest desert on Earth is the Sahara Desert, what is the second largest?
_____________ This desert is located in the Middle East.
16. Arabian Peninsula is the largest peninsula, what’s number two?
_____________ this peninsula is part of a so-called sub-continent country in Asia.
17. The deepest part of the world is the Mariana’s Trench, what is number two?
_____________ This trench is also located in the Pacific near Mariana’s Trench.
18. The highest waterfall in the world is Angel Falls in Venezuela, what’s number two?
_____________ This falls is located in South Africa; it is 947 m high while Angel Falls is 979 m. high.
19. The largest country in the world in terms of area is Russia, next is?
_______________ The official languages of this country are French and English.
20. Christianity is the largest religion in the world, what is number two?
_______________ This religion allows polygamy.
21. The largest continent is Asia, what is next?
_______________ This continent is also known as the “Dark Continent”.
22. Asia is the most populated continent, what is the second?
_______________ This continent has also the most number of countries.
23. In term of size, Mexico City is the largest city in the world. What is the second?
_______________ This city is located in a peninsula in East Asia and is the capital of South Korea.
24. The hottest recorded place on the planet is in Al’Aziziyah, Libya- 136.42º F. What’s the second hottest place?
_______________ This place is located in the USA with a temperature of 134.0º F.
25. The coldest place in the world is in Vostok, Antarctica with a record of -128.62º F. Where is the second coldest place?
_______________ the second coldest place is also located in Antarctica. The third and fourth are in Russia.
Is it hard remembering those number two? But if number ones where ask, it could have been easier, isn’t it? I hope you enjoyed it.
1. Amazon River
3. Mt. Etna
6. Atlantic Ocean
7. Caribbean Sea
8. Petronas Tower
11. Lake Superior
12. New Guinea
14. New York, New York
15. Arabian Desert
16. South India
17. Tonga Trench
24. Death Valley, California
25. Plateau Station, Antarctica
Extreme World: Greatest Vertical Drop, Largest Mangrove Forest, Largest River Delta, Highest Coastal Range and Others
Interesting Geological Facts: Greatest, Highest, Largest, Tallest, Smallest, Deepest and Others
15 Quick and Amazing Facts About the Earth
12 Extraordinary Things on Earth
Amazing Things About Our Solar System
Random and Informative Facts From Around the World
Amazing and Interesting Facts, Numbers and Figures
Amazing Facts About Places in the World
The World’s Extremes: Natural Structures